Monday, June 1, 2015

Day 1

Despite some nerves, my first day has been pretty smooth and is going by fast. For someone who has off and on anxiety, a complete change in routine can be pretty stressful. However, I woke up ready to tackle my goals. I also had a good state of mind after talking through some of my issues last night with Matthew. Basically, I was feeling the pressure to start my first day knowing exactly what was going to happen at my volunteer work. The problem with that state of mind is that I haven't had time to prepare anything yet because I just got off work! Give yourself a break, April.

Volunteer
This week is all about scheduling and preparing materials. I do know where and when I will be doing stuff so that's a relief. Other than filling my calender and to-do list, I'm taking it slow, today.

Whole 30
I drank honey-less coffee this morning and did some massive grocery shopping. It's so much easier to try a new diet when you have unlimited time to cook! I apologize for the lack of food pictures. I'm just not that kind of girl


Chicken Fingers (from Paleo Happy Hour)

I made chicken fingers for lunch. They were a little dry but tasted fine. The pork rind breading may have been the best part.
  • grind ⅔ cup pork rinds, combine with ground almonds, garlic, onion, and cayenne.
  • cut up chicken, dip it in 2 eggs, roll in mixture, and place on backing sheet. Bake for 25 minutes at 450, then broil for 5 minutes.
Parsnip Chips (from Paleo Happy Hour)

This is not a vegetable I ever expected to like but they were good!
  • peel and cut ends of parsnips. slice into ⅛ inch rounds.
  • combine 1 tbs coconut oil, 1 tbs chili powder, ½ tsp cumin, ½ tsp garlic, ¼ tsp cayenne, ¼ tsp salt
  • bake. 10 minutes, turn and 10 minutes at 475.
Paleo Mayonnaise (from Paleo Happy Hour)
Very olive oily. Hmmm.
  • blend 1 egg yolk, 1 egg, 1.5 tsp apple cider vinegar, ¼ tsp mustard, ¼ tsp salt, cayenne.
  • add 1 cup olive oil slowly.
  • I added lemon juice and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce to make it into Chipotle Mayo. 
Study
Maybe tomorrow if I feel like it?

Self-Care
I took a nap in the sun and prayed for perspective. I wrote this blog.

If I had thought to take a picture for the blog, today, it would have been Willow racing a bunny in the back yard. I was rooting for you, pup! (Except not. I'm really glad the rabbit made it out.) Instead, this is what happened while I wrote this blog:



Happy Monday!
-April

No comments:

Post a Comment