Monday, June 15, 2015

Greening

"Suddenly, it became very green." - David Perdew

Just like we watch for the coming of spring, God asks us to watch for His growth in us. I've been reminded of this truth several times, lately. In the bible, in song, in trainings, and in relationships.

I don't agree with everyone. Theology. Politics. Religion. Spirituality. Life is confusing, sometimes, and I do not have all of the answers. Thankfully, God does not expect me to have all of the answers. What I can do, however, is look for the fruit.

John 15:5
I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

"Full Attention" - Jeremy Riddle
Keep me abiding
That I, that I may bear fruit

"Gospel of Wholeness" - Danny Meyer
We must address the root issue of sin in our lives because our sin will always produce bad fruit.

2 Peter 1:5-8
For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

So, Lord, I pray that I will continue to abide in You. Keep me close. Point out the sin in my life so I won't "trip over the rug" anymore. Help me see the fruit in my life and in the lives of those around me. Where there is fruit, there is You.

No comments:

Post a Comment