Thursday, March 26, 2015

Political Post

Because I don't know how to talk about this but it is really important, I'm going to keep it short.

On April 7th, I will vote no to repeal the SOGI bill because it is wrong to deny the rights of individuals (such as employment, housing, and the use of public facilities) based on personal identity, just like it is wrong to discriminate based on sex, age, race, etc.

I vote to allow all persons in this city equal access to basic civil liberties.

If there are complications in response to this bill remaining law, then I will help to resolve those issues as they arise (IF they arise) on a case by case basis by continuing to vote in the future. I also care about the rights of organizations like churches to continue to enjoy religious freedom and the rights of small children to feel safe in public restrooms.

I hope we all can work together to keep this city a safe, happy, and productive city.

No comments:

Post a Comment